Friday, April 23, 2010

Equestrian Vaulting: and what it taught me.

I was the luckiest person alive to have had the chance to participate in this amazing underground sport. My balance, coordination, accuracy, agility were just some of the skills that got sharpened to a fine point. I remember a time when handstand training on the ground scared me. I haven't mastered a static hold atop a moving horse (yet) but it became a regular part of practise as well as a round-off dismount. Fear is only what we make it and the only limts we have are the ones we set for ourselves. I am fully recommitted to bringing my unique traits and background to the table as I take all who are brave enough down the rabbit trail of functional fitness to the fullest. You don't have to hold handstands on horses but WHATEVER it is that you want to do- physical and mental barriers show be no hinderance. Be what you want and do what you were meant to do.



(solo and doubles training)

(shoulderstand/handstand training)

(freestyle competition at Austin Rodeo)

(back when I was 1 month into training)

No comments: