Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Leap of Faith

I have been a mat rat at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu dojos, I regularly frequent gymnastic facilities, often I can be found up in trees or hopping rocks in the woods, and of course I am a regular face at CrossFit Central's indoor classes, boot camps, and at the kettlebell classes . I have learned a lot from all these experiences and adventures and the common theme I have found to be reoccuring is that weither you are on the pommel horse, at a grappling tourney, trail running, or you are at the starting line at one of The Fittest Games Challenge (http://www.thefittestgames.com)
No matter what you are about to do- if you throw your heart into it, the rest will follow.
The Author Charles Bukowski wrote in his book Factotum- "If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery, isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance. Of how much you really want to do it. And you'll do it, despite rejection in the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods. And the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is . . ."
I have met Coach Glassman and the nasty girls. I workout with the Thiels and Keplers. I remember over a year ago starting at square zero and I see where I have risen to now and where I need to be. I wake up daily and set my intentions and focus my sights on my goals so that I may never be guilty of not fully commiting, of not going all the way, and of not fully throwing my heart into all that I do.

Photobucket

cat leap

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: